Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Sense of Smell

(Originally printed in Psychic Life, Vol. 4, No. 2, 1984)

Lewis S. Bostwick (1918-1995), Founder of BPI:

Hello. Smelling is one of my favorite subjects. You either smell good or you smell bad. But the thing that amuses me is that if most people knew how and where perfume was made they may not use it. It is made from the musk of a skunk. Maybe not all, but a lot. There are all kinds of things out there that fool us; or you might say they make fools out of us.

None of the senses ever turn off. There is always a recording going on somewhere in several parts of the body. I often hear, “I just can’t remember. I know I’ve been out of my body, but I can’t find how to remember.” But it’s really very simple. Experiences are stored in the third chakra – the key lies there. For instance, when psychics see the deaths – sometimes reexperience them. However, the only birth experience we have a record of in our awareness is the present lifetime.

It is very easy to return to birth and experience what went on from conception to birth. This is an area which only involves you, your mother and ones close to her.

Now if I had not already had the ability to see auras, past and future life pictures, I don’t think I would have a very easy time expressing psychic abilities. So the last 15 years have been a learning experience of how to use these two abilities of the body. I noticed that when I stopped drinking wine that my smell level became heightened. And from where I am at this present time as a male having to find my space from my mother, I have to destroy some information about her and her experience before I can find the truth for me. My conclusions at this time is that much of my survival and life experience is blocked by the inability to correlate and put smell on a memory tract along with all my other experiences. To do this, you start to turn on that area by closing your eyes and visualizing, for example, last Thanksgiving dinner. You remember who was there, the smells of the cooking, the music and the conversations. Using this exercise is the only way I found that I could go back that far in my memory of smelling. I have found that as long as the smelling was turned off, I had no control of my appetite or my sleeping. So part of the consequence as a psychic, since I could not smell or taste very well, was that I spent quite a bit of time out of my body and being a giver. I have found since I have more awareness of these abilities, I am able to use the body and be more aware of it.

I’m quite surprised how many delicate smells are out there that I never experienced. I think the smelling situation has to be experienced and catalogued in each person’s individual space.

No comments: